MobileMobile | Continue

Nibiru VR Development Other Tools 180º Stereoscopic video playback in Unity

180º Stereoscopic video playback in Unity

Schprlock Post time 2017-9-21 14:36 | Show all posts [Copy URL]
19 1942
Hi,

I am building VR tours for a company. These experiences are based on stereoscopic 180º footage WITH 3D elements. I have looked at the OpenVideoPlayer method, but not only I didn't get any video playing, but also I believe it launches an intent to a video player which will play instead of my app, so 3D contents would disappear.

It used to be that VR SDKs would provide 2 cameras and anything was really easy to implement (although sometimes not performance optimized). It was really easy to create 2 spheres, one for each camera, each with it's content.

Now SDKs provide only one camera. I had no problems getting it to work with Google Cardboard/Daydream because there is a lot of documentation. However, it's really hard to find documentation for NibiruVR. The Unity SDK guide is very superficial.

I have managed to play video with the Unity VideoPlayer on a mobile phone with NibiruLauncher, but the same build does not play anything on the MagicSee M1 AIO headset.
Furthermore, since only one camera is exposed, I cannot find a way to separate the content between left eye and right eye.

Can someone please give me a hand with these two problems? I tried anything I could think of, but I had no results so far.

Thanks in advance.

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-9-13 11:26 | Show all posts
1.video playing problem
public void OpenVideoPlayer(string path, int type2D3D, int mode, int decode)
check the parameters , path is right? otherwise you can analysis the log.

2.the documentation of sdk, download it from the attack.

3.only one camera is exposed
tell us the sdk version than you are using.
open your headset,go to Setting->System->About Device->Version Type ,tell us the info of Version Type

NibiruVR_SDK_Unity Development Guide_2.0.5.pdf

1.22 MB, Downloads: 12

Post time 2017-9-13 20:25 | Show all posts
Hello oahcfly,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I managed to get some video playing. The problem is I need to have the video playing while 3D elements are visible. I did not manage to get that with OpenVideoPlayer()

2. What do you mean, download from the attack? I have some documentation, including the guide you send me, but I believe there is no enough information.

3. I recently updated the Magicsee M1 firmware. The current installed version is Nibiru 2.10.001

I also tried using the Google Cardboard SDK, with both GVR and Unity's video player. If I use Cardboard, I have to disable VR in the headset, otherwise I get a double image. But even with VR disabled, the framerate is totally unusable. I would need to get this working with NibiruVR SDK.
Post time 2017-9-15 16:17 | Show all posts
Schprlock replied at 2017-9-13 20:25
Hello oahcfly,

Thanks for your reply.

1.OpenVideoPlayer() will open the system app local player to play your video , you can not manager it . just like you start a new app.
3.Follow the steps :
open your headset,go to Setting->System->About Device->Version Type ,tell us the info of Version Type
Post time 2017-9-20 22:05 | Show all posts
oahcfly replied at 2017-9-15 16:17
1.OpenVideoPlayer() will open the system app local player to play your video , you can not manage ...

Hi,

Yes, I knew that, thank you. And I did what exactly what you said to see the version, which I posted on the previous post. Nibiru 2.10.001

I understand that different versions might have different functionalities, but as I was expecting you already told me that the SDK launches a separate video player (as I had already said too). So if it launches a separate video player in every version, why do you need the version on mine? And for that matter, everybody else...

You reply to almost everybody is "Tell me the version", and then nobody gets any help... Would you like to elaborate on that?

Can you at least tell me if I can fix the unusable Cardboard problem? That would fix it, but from what I read nobody has even acceptable results with Cardboard.

Anyway, thanks anyway. Moving on to Daydream/Cardboard/GearVR HMD and SDK.
1.OpenVideoPlayer() will open the system app local player to play your video , you can not manage ...

Hi,

Yes, I knew that, thank you. And I did what exactly what you said to see the version, which I posted on the previous post. Nibiru 2.10.001

I understand that different versions might have different functionalities, but as I was expecting you already told me that the SDK launches a separate video player (as I had already said too). So if it launches a separate video player in every version, why do you need the version on mine? And for that matter, everybody else...

You reply to almost everybody is "Tell me the version", and then nobody gets any help... Would you like to elaborate on that?

Can you at least tell me if I can fix the unusable Cardboard problem? That would fix it, but from what I read nobody has even acceptable results with Cardboard.

Hi,

Post time 2017-9-20 22:06 | Show all posts

Hi,

Post time 2017-9-20 22:10 | Show all posts
By the way, a piece of advice...
Fix this forum. When clicking reply nothing happens, there is no feedback, etc. Obviously people will click it again. And then we get double, triple, quadruple, nnnple posts.

It gets hard to understand, nobody pays attention to a thread with a repeated post and it takes more resources. And then it looks like the poster is the problem.
Post time 2017-9-21 14:36 | Show all posts
Schprlock replied at 2017-9-20 22:06
Hi,

Yes, I knew that, thank you. And I did what exactly what you said to see the version, which I ...

If you give the Version Type , i can the the channel number. i will know everything about the headset from our database.

If you want to cardboard app show normal , you need to check whether the category (<category
android:name= "com.nibiru.intent.category.NVR"  />) is declared in AndroidManifest.xml, and whether <meta-data
android:name="NibiruVRVersion" android:value="2" /> is added in application label.

add the category for your app , the system will recognize that the application is VR app, it will no longer split screen for the app.

http://dev.inibiru.com/download.jsp we have release the new version2.0.6 about unity sdk.
Have a try , thanks !
12Next
Return to forum
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!