MobileMobile | Continue

Nibiru VR Development Nibiru Studio Accessing Nibiru AIO sensors in code (Proximity, Acc ...

Accessing Nibiru AIO sensors in code (Proximity, Accel, Gyro)

Depatres Post time 2017-11-2 18:39 | Show all posts [Copy URL]
3 587
Edited by Depatres at 2017-10-27 16:28 \n\nHi,

I am having trouble accessing or getting any information from the Proximity or Gyro sensor on the Nibiru AIO.
Is there an example code which class i have to call to have access to that sensor information.

I tried the common SensorManager approach in the Activity (FullScreenActivity)

- Is it even possible to get sensor data to trigger events?

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-10-27 18:42 | Show all posts
Hi,

Could you tell us the OS version and type of your Nibiru AIO. Usually, you can use Android API to get the sensor data, if you have problem, the OS version and your usage code can help us to locate the problem.

Nibiru Studio 2.0 will release soon, in 2.0 version, we provide special APIs to get sensor data.
Post time 2017-10-27 19:11 | Show all posts
Edited by Depatres at 2017-10-27 19:22 \n\nI am developing on NibiruVR 2.10. custom launcher and am trying to access Proximity or Light sensor to trigger when the user picks up and looks into the VR headset.

I did managed to get Gyro, Accel, Magnetic ... but not the Proximity or Light. I take then, they will be avaliable to access with the Nibiru Studio 2.0.
Post time 2017-11-2 18:39 | Show all posts
Depatres replied at 2017-10-27 19:11
Edited by Depatres at 2017-10-27 19:22 \n\nI am developing on NibiruVR 2.10. custom launcher and am ...

Hi,

The proximity and light sensor usage you can refer to Android SDK API, but firstly you need to check whether your AIO device exists the proximity or light sensor hardware (or tell us the device version type). Our latest OS version already have the check function that screen off when device leave head and screen on when look into the device. App developers do not need to care about this. When pick up, the onResume method will callback.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!