MobileMobile | Continue

Nibiru VR Development Other Tools VR Shinecon AIO-1 HMD Anyone?

VR Shinecon AIO-1 HMD Anyone?

MonTaGaTnoM Post time 2018-5-9 00:46 | Show all posts [Copy URL]
1 793
Edited by MonTaGaTnoM at 2018-2-20 18:29 \n\n
    Recently I became a happy owner of a VR Shinecon AIO-1 headset. Although I have been finding a few pitfals in the functionality of this headset(part of it being on an old build release), it is still enjoyable for what it is able to do. I see that the VR Sky CX-V3 is running the same hardware as in this headset, and has received a NibiruOS 3.0 update(full of performance improvements, new features, and bug fixes). It is a little depressing to see a headset that has a superior design receive less software attention for all the bugs it has. I am hopeful that this may be rectified in the future(with a NibiruOS 3.0 update).

The most fun I get out of this headset is playing back 360° 1080P-4K 60FPS videos,  3D 1080P videos, and viewing panorama stills. However, watching these high resoluton videos results in some occasional distracting artifacts(not sure if its a hardware or software issue). I have learned that 3D 1080P-4K 360° videos do not play back as intended. Having testing NoFrills overclock the most speed I can get from the 8 cores is 1.8Ghz, not 2.016Ghz when selected(I have sucessfully rooted wth KingoRoot). The CPU Governor and I/O Scheduler is also modifiable(there is a noticable performance increase). I have tried USB tethering to my laptop for testing VR game mods and have been deterred from that for the time being(laptop is getting a hardware upgrade to help with that). Here is some info for the headset, "Version Type: VR0696-OS0404 20170327131925 Device Name: V509". Hopeful for some good news, will accept the bad news aswell.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-5-9 00:46 | Show all posts
Hi!
Can you help-me?

How do I upgrade the SHINECON AIO-1 firmware?
I am looking in various forums, and I do not find how to do it.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!