MobileMobile | Continue

Nibiru VR Development Other Tools Kernel source for V05-A headset

Kernel source for V05-A headset

bigsupersquid Post time 2019-4-10 12:19 | Show all posts [Copy URL]
4 356
Edited by bigsupersquid at 2019-3-17 13:27 \n\nI wished to put this post in the general forum rather than VR specific, but the posting form led me here.
Thought I'd post in the public forum before requesting this via email support.
I bought this for my son some time back and he has moved on and given it back to me.
I chose this device for the excellent hardware.
I was very pleased when I started working with it to find it pre-rooted with a userdebug build of Android.
It just successfully updated to rk3288-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F eng.nibiru.20171207.154958 test-keys
I am looking for the Linux kernel source code (as covered by the GPL for any device with Android preinstalled on it.)
Would you be so kind to provide a link to download the kernel source code so that I may use the device to its fullest potential?While the Rockchip RK3288 is somewhat supported by the official Linux mainline kernel, I expect that as with most Android devices, there are device drivers, voltage regulator settings, etc, which are not upstreamed to the mainline Linux kernel.
Also /proc/config.gz does not exist, so I have no base kernel config to work from either.
I am hoping that Nibiru development is more encouraged than by Polaroid, who spent three years dodging my requests for kernel source code until telling me eventually they had closed their factory and 'lost' the kernel source for their poorly-supported tablet I wasted money on.
Thank you very much, in advance, for your acknowledgment of the GPL license on the Linux kernel source, and for releasing kernel source on request as required by the GPL.

Use magic Report

Post time 2019-3-18 16:12 | Show all posts
本帖最后由 eliza 于 2019-3-18 16:19 编辑

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
We don't have the kernel source code since our vendors provide kernel.img compiled systems for us. We just specialize in VR / AR related technologies development.
If you are using Nibiru OS and VR All-in-one for 2B solution, there are some professional service we could provide. Welcome to let us know if you are in demand of such service.
Many thanks,
Nibiru Support Team
Post time 2019-3-18 20:27 from mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the speedy and succinct response. I'll be sure to use the forum if I've got any questions related to Nibiru OS or VR/AR within it then. I won't be needing any professional assistance though. Have a good day!
Post time 2019-3-24 06:47 | Show all posts
eliza replied at 2019-3-18 16:12
本帖最后由 eliza 于 2019-3-18 16:19 编辑

Hi there,

So I check the ROM kernel dmesg and the build.prop, and interestingly enough both were built within minutes of each other.
ro.build.display.id=rk3288-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F eng.nibiru.20171207.154958 test-keys
Linux version 3.10.0 (suechen@nibiru2) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #534 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 7 15:48:42 CST 2017
that seems highly unlikely if it is a prebuilt kernel blob, the ROM could not have possibly been built in two minutes even on a 64 core processor with 128GB of RAM.
I would like the kernel source used to build the kernel at the same time as the ROM, please, as they were obviously built in the same process, (and the kernel was built on a machine named "nibiru2' a whole two minutes and 16 seconds before the build.prop got timestamped.)
Post time 2019-4-10 12:19 | Show all posts
ro.build.display.id=rk3288-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F eng.nibiru.20171207.154958 test-keys
gmail sign up
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!